When I go out for sushi, I LOVE getting sunomono salad --it's delish! So, with some inspiration from foodnetwork.com I thought I'd try and make my own. This way I know exactly what's in it and I can eat it without having to go anywhere :). Here's the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1 English cucumber
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
2 tsp cane sugar
1/4 tsp tamari or soya sauce
1/4 cup cooked brown rice vermicelli noodles
Seafood of choice (I usually use about 10 cooked shrimps. I buy them pre cooked and run them under cold water until completely defrosted)
Wakame to taste (This is my favourite part so I use LOTS. Wakame is full of minerals and great for thyroid health, so don't hold back!)
1. Soak wakame is warm water and cover (about 5 minutes). Drain, rinse then squeeze out excess water. If wakame is uncut, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
1. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling turn off stove and take pot off the hot element and add noodles. Let the noodles sit for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
1. Peel and slice cucumbers into very thin slices (Try and get them thinner than I did in the picture above).
2. Sprinkle sliced cucumber with salt and let stand a few minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and soya/tamari sauce
4. Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumber slices and mix well.
5. Stir in wakame, vermicelli, and seafood of choice.
6. Serve in individual dishes and enjoy!